Thursday, April 3, 2014

Baby Love: Mint, Pink, Peach and Gold Nursery

My sister had a baby girl. The cutest baby girl in the whole wide world...proud Auntie alert! I have one boy and I love having a boy... but lets get real...girls are way more fun to shop for! My sister also moved into a new home shortly after having her little one. So, needless to say, she has been pretty busy. I asked her if I could help decorate the nursery and she seemed relieved. She loves to decorate too, but just doesn't have the time right now. So, of course, I jumped at the opportunity! I mean I wouldn't want to put my sister through the torture of shopping for all things baby girl!

I quickly got to work by picking up some paint chips at Home Depot. I decided to use quite a few different colors, because my sister LOVES color. I think it is fun to use lots of color in children's rooms! As you can see below... we went with Mint, Blush, Coral, Peach(not shown) and Gold. The walls in the nursery are divided by chair molding so, on the lower half we are doing a darker mint(Softest Juniper) and a lighter mint (Soft Mint Green) on the top. I can't wait to see how it turns out! These colors are by Glidden. I am going to get paint in an Eggshell finish and a low-VOC paint (don't want my niece to be exposed to all those nasty paint fumes).

Here is a little teaser that I put together. I am going this weekend to start painting and get some other things together for the room. Then once all the furniture arrives I will finish up and be sure to blog all about it!








No comments:

Post a Comment