Thursday, May 22, 2014

Coco Chanel Inspired Tablesetting

I had the opportunity to decorate a table for the Women's Council of Realtors Annual Spring Tea. This was my second year. The ladies really go all out. I remember showing up last year to set my table and feeling like a little dingy among huge ships. So, this year I wanted to step it up a bit! I saw a few pictures on Pinterest that inspired me to do a Coco Chanel themed table. It is super girly and sparkly so, of course I had a blast putting it all together. I only had a week and was stressing out. I usually like to order items online because that is where I find my most unique pieces. I ordered everything the day I found out. Many things came a few days later but, a few items came the day before the event!

I started with a black tablecloth that touched the floor. This is very important if you want your table to look polished. There is nothing worse(to me) than a tablecloth that doesn't touch the floor. Especially round tables. 

I then added some black and white crosshatch fabric from Joanns for my overlay. I searched high and low  for a wide black and white striped tablecloth or fabric. No luck.  If I had more time I might have been able to find something. I was really bummed I think it would have added all kinds of fabulousness! I ordered chair sashes from my favorite online site for linens called eFavormart. They have amazing prices and they were offering 30% off at the time I ordered! I had previously ordered those pink satin napkins for another tablescape I did years ago.

I had a few ideas for the centerpiece but, when I saw these hat boxes at Joanns I knew I had to have them! I wanted some height so these were perfect. They were originally a cardboard color I simply painted them black with a sponge brush and then added a diamond trim. I seriously had to stop myself with the diamonds I wanted to put them everywhere! I also purchased those from David Tutera's wedding line at Joanns. If you have not taken a look at his line it is a must..so pretty! I took down a large round mirror I had hanging in my living room for even more bling. I was browsing the clearance section at Joanns and found those 2 wooden C's! I couldn't believe it. It was like they were just waiting for me. Scored those for only .25cents.
I  think this was my favorite project to make. I found a square vase from Michaels and typed out a Chanel No.5 perfume label to mimic a perfume bottle. I added large pearls that I got from eFavormart. Then I found these fun feathered flowers at Joanns. I added some light pink ribbon and topped it off with...you guessed it... more diamonds!


This art print was an instant download from the Etsy shop, poppy loves to groove. Instant downloads are awesome when you are in a pinch.

I had this crazy idea that I wanted to use a purse as a vase! I went to the thrift store trying to find something that would work..nothing. I was looking through my closet and remembered I had this cute sparkly clutch that the closure had broken on. It would be perfect. I simply found a plastic container, covered it with tape, making a grid for the flowers to go into and filled it with the flowers and water. 

I also ordered these drawstring bags from an Etsy store called Lovey By Elle. The were stamped with two different saying from Coco Chanel. This shop is so amazing. The owner knew I was in a hurry and got them in the mail the next day! I put in a Paris hand lotion from Bath and Body Works since Coco was from France. 


 I had to make a few desserts for the 10 people at our table. I bought lady fingers which you can see on the tea saucers, from World Market. I then made some cupcakes and topped them off with fondant that I imprinted a quilted pattern on to mimic a handbag and topped with an icing bow that I found at Joanns.






Last, I made perfume bottle shaped sugar cookies. I found the cookie cutter on Etsy. I just added some icing and mixed yellow and orange sprinkles to mimic the look of perfume. I had this jewelry box and thought it would be great as a cookie box!

Overall I had a wonderful time creating this tablescape. Now onto thinking about the theme for next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment