Saturday, November 23, 2013

Flea Market Finds

The Hubs and I had another wonderful day together at the Long Beach Flea Market last weekend. It really is so much fun when your husband is in on your treasure finding adventures. We had a few more small pieces we needed for living room before it was complete and we found them both from one vendor! I have been on a mission to find a cluster of orange grapes. You know the ones your Grandmother had(if you are my age). The ones that were sold at garage sales and thrift stores for a few dollars because no one wanted...just a few years ago. Yeah...those now are super duper expensive. Our colors in our living room are orange and green. So, I was so excited when I spotted this beautiful cluster of grapes:






We also spotted some brass and wood geese(I think they are geese???)! These guys have been on our radar since we moved in. Our walls are now complete with the addition of our new friends.



We usually have a pretty good idea of what we want when we go to these flea markets. Sometimes we purchase a few items that we did not intend on buying and are usually our favorites. The Hubs spotted the Zenith AM/FM radio below. The seller told us some cool info about the radio. He said the small triangles on the radio were the war stations. People would just turn the dial to the triangle and could be updated on the war. The Hubs and I used our ninja flea market bargaining skills to talk this guy down a bit. We have become pretty good at figuring out the whole flea market business. They always start out super high. We never act like we are super interested or they wont go down. We have found a few who are fair from the beginning but those are hard to come by.



The hat was a great deal for only 10.00. The lady who sold it to me was so sweet and said it was from the 40s. It is the start of my vintage hat collection. It has fur on it so I was sold. There were so many fur coats at the flea market I was in heaven. I want one soooooo bad. It just really isn't a necessity...especially in SoCal...so maybe one day. 

The last piece was a no brainer for us. First, it was sold to us by one of our favorite vendors. The owner always is super nice to us and gives us such great deals. All of his pieces are amazing. I wish I could be a picker. The thrill of it would never get old. Lucky for us he is close to us and delivered the beautiful credenza below to us. When he brought it I could not believe how perfect it fit in our room. The size and wood tone were perfect! I immediately had to style it. The picture in the frame most likely won't stay but, I loved the frame and it was only a few bucks at Goodwill. I have such a hard time not decorating everything in the room at once. I have learned with Mid Century Modern design it has to be a slow process. Each piece is so unique and takes time to find. The great part is MCM design is very minimalist so there are not a ton of pieces to buy. We are still on the hunt for a headboard, some night stands and lamps.






It was a great day with my man. Can't wait to go again!




No comments:

Post a Comment