Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cooking/Baking Bucket List

I recently stumbled upon a new site called http://www.browneyedbaker.com/. On the site the blogger has a bucket list of sorts for all the recipes she wants to make. There is no time limit, just 100 items that she would like to make in her lifetime. I love this idea. I have made many fancy smancy desserts and savory dishes...but it doesn't have to be complicated. It is also a list of recipes that maybe you have tried but want to master them. I have many of those...so I came up with my own list. My list is only 50 long but I can add to it through out the years and hopefully can get through these recipes and come up with some that I can pass on to you and others. After watching Julie and Julia I thought immediately that I needed to do that. Go through a revered cookbook and spend some time blogging about it, just like Julie. I never could get inspired to choose one cookbook...so this idea is perfect. I can try recipes of well known chefs, home cooks and bloggers. Bon Appetit!

Breads
  • French Bread
  • Challah
  • Parker House Rolls
  • Pumpkin Bread
Cakes/Cupcakes
  • Red Velvet
  • Cheesecake
  • Vanilla Cake
Pastries
  • Beignets
  • Baklava
  • Doughnuts
  • Danishes
Pies
  • Lemon Meringue
  • Blackberry
  • Banana Cream
  • Apple Hand Pies
Other Desserts:
  • Some dessert with Nutella
  • Stuffed French Toast
  • Buttercream Frosting
  • Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • Bread Pudding
  • Souffle
  • Cinnamon Rolls
Soup/Stew/Bisque..etc
  • Broccoli Soup
  • Shrimp Bisque
  • Gumbo
  • Chili
Sandwiches
  • Po Boy
  • Croque Monsieur
Italian
  • Lasagna
  • Polenta
Mexican
  • Chilaquiles
  • Carnitas
Sauces
  • BBQ
  • Bernaise
  • Gravy
  • Hollandaise
Other
  • Poached Egg
  • Fritata
  • Fish Tacos
  • Fried Chicken
  • Coleslaw
  • Jambalaya
  • Halibut
  • Pizza
  • Lasagna
  • Quiche
  • Paella
  • Wontons
  • Rack of Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment