Friday, April 5, 2013

Girl Talk- New Favs

Hello there girls! I have been under the weather for the past few weeks. I have managed to make it out in the world a few times...but for the most part I have been staying inside. Yesterday as I was brushing my teeth, I looked in the mirror and saw something sooo horrific...my face. Bwaahhaaa...but seriously, my skin was pale and my dark circles...ooooh child......let's just say I would fit right in with a pack of raccoons. If raccoons come in packs??? I actually took a snap shot yesterday: 

It is also that time of the month so that is the reason for the fangs and excess facial hair!

If I am ever feeling pale...bloated...or just blah...I always paint my face and some how I feel much better. I LOVE makeup! Can I get an AMEN? So, that is what I did yesterday and today. I put on a bunch of makeup and felt 100 times better! I do this often when I am in need of a little pick me up. I will go on You Tube and watch some tutorials on makeup and try out some new techniques. A lot of times I look even more like a raccoon than when I started but it is fun! 

I wanted to share some new finds that I tried and loved. The first I mentioned in a previous Girl Time post. It was the Beauty Blender. 
These are by Bundle Monster and are 10.99 for 4 on Amazon




  I went with a different brand...just because I didn't want to spend 20.00 for 2. This brand that I bought come in a 4 pack in the colors shown. The directions recommend that you wet the sponge first and then wring out the excess water. By adding the water to the sponge it allows you to get a real light layer of foundation on your face. This will be great for months when it starts to get hotter and you don't want a thick layer of foundation on. I generally like a light layer of foundation on...but if you can't get away with that this blender might not work as well for you. Or you might want to try not adding water. I also really like the pointed edge as it gets in the corners of you eyes and is great for concealer. Overall, I really like this product, but I still prefer my Sigma F80 brush I mentioned before for applying my foundation:). 

The second product I recently purchased was this highlighter by MAC:

It is called Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. It is described as a Gilded Peach Bronze. Isn't that just delightful. Anyone else get all giddy with makeup colors and descriptions??  No...just me...ok:). It is meant to be use on your checks. I started at the area next to the outside of my eyebrows(temple??) and make a "C" towards my checks. It does make my pores on my cheeks stand out a bit so I don't carry it too far onto my cheek area. I also swipe some down my nose and on my "cupid's bow" area on my lips(pointy upper part on lip). It is especially pretty if you have a tan. I only know because I have seen it on others. I myself never have a tan but it looks good on pasty too! Oh...by the way this was 30.00 so that is why I am only featuring two products as that is a lot for me to spend on a makeup product, but I am not a clothes person or mani/pedi person and so this is my girlie treat:). 

Have you picked up any new products you loved or did not love that you want to share??? Love new ideas!!!!! Try a new look this weekend...just have fun with it! Remember you can always wash it off:).

1 comment:

  1. I am "giddy" (love that word) over Glam Eyes Mascara by Rimmel of London. It's never clumpy and separates the lashes while adding length at he same time~ which I desperately need. Love your blog Summer. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete