Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Day...New Year

 Every new year brings with it ideas of change and setting goals. I happen to be one of those people who love it. It is a big reset button for me. After all the hustle and bustle of Christmas...I need a moment to get my thoughts together and recharge. I love making goals...even if I don't stick to all of them. Some people find it silly...but the new year is one of my favorite times of the year. Almost like a fresh start. I need a big slap in the face sometimes to make me refocus. So...I welcome the new year with open arms.

My goals are usually the same ol' same ol'. Lose weight...read more...get organized...etc. This year I wanted to be a bit more specific. I think that is why a lot of goals fall to the wayside. If you don't have a plan to go along with those goals then you have failed before you even began. When I start to get discouraged... I am encouraged by this verse in Lamentations 3:22-23 "

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness
 
 I especially love "They are new every morning". We should never become discouraged. God is 
always faithful. Make those plans with God. Include Him in your planning and if you fail... know that it isn't the end. Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start again. This is my motivation. So, here are a few of my goals for 2013!!! 

1. Get Organized. Since I had Shane I have become more occupied in other areas(which is totally fine). Most mothers feel the same, I am sure. I will never blame him for that(one of my pet peeves...side note...he also isn't the reason for all my fat...that would be lack of exercise and eating poorly). Ok, back to getting organized. I have felt a little out of whack in the last few years. Kind of just floating around. When I am overwhelmed, instead of getting the things I need to do done...I wander aimlessly. Nothing gets done and just piles up. I think if I was more organized it would make my life a lot more simple!!! One of my favorite sites is Money Saving Mom. She has a great 4 week program that I did last year and plan to do again this year. I highly recommend checking it out and her whole site! I would love for my linen closet to look like this: 

and not like this: 
This is not my closet...but my closet looks very similar. Glad to know there are other disorganized closets out there!

 Goal number 2 is to: Read more. I enjoy reading. I am not a reader. I read maybe one book a year. If I find a good one I can read it in a few days. Last year I read a book by Dr. Mark Hyman, ...called: "The Blood Sugar Solution". Amazing!!!!! It really got my health on track. I think books are great. So, if you have any suggestions let me know. Unless it is Twilight or 50 Shades of Grey...I can go into a long explanation of why I won't read those but I will save you the time...ain't nobody got time for that! Unless you want to know then I will gladly tell you:) Ok...again I am sidetracked...back to reading. I am currently reading "Nehemiah...a heart that can break" by Kelly Minter. Only on day one (it is a study we are doing at church) but it is already sooooo good!

A few other random goals are: I want to work on my writing. Like I remember that when you are writing about a book title there is the appropriate way to do that with quotations..or is it underlined??? I don't remember...I think that was like Junior High and I barely remember anything from yesterday...so I need to brush up on my writing skills...so I don't have to use ellipses(...) learned that one from The Hubs. Always just called them the dot...dot...dots:). They basically are put in to indicate an unfinished thought...very appropriate for me...

I NEED to learn how to SEW! Just a pillow would do. It would save me so much money. I can never find a pillow I like but I have a huge stack of fabric that I LOVE. I am going to try to take a class a Joanns. If anyone wants to join me, let me know!

So, I still need to sit down and really organize my thoughts and set more goals. For now, that is what I have. I must remember that each day is a new day full of new mercies. I can do this...with HIM.  Great is Thy faithfulness!

What are some of your goals??? I would love to hear about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment