Friday, August 3, 2012

Nautical 30th

A few weeks ago I turned 30...YIKES! I decided months ago that I 
 would plan my own party. It was so much fun. I got to do everything just they way I would want. I went with a nautical theme after seeing this pic:


I love all things nautical. This color palette was more sophisticated than the traditional blue and red nautical scheme. I called up my graphic designing sister(which by the way...if you do not have one of these...you should get one...they are awesome). I told her my basic ideas and she designed this(more to come about this invite and some exciting news)!!!!:




My In-laws graciously let me use their beautiful home for the party. I could go on and on with a ton of pics but I will share just a few:) Overall it was a wonderful night. I am so thankful for all who came to celebrate my 30th bday!

Ice Cream Sandwich Bar

See how I made these here

Love that this fence was perfect for my banner and life preserver!

Awesome plates from Michael's dollar section! Used my living room art as a backdrop.

Used a sand pail to make an arrangement with some spray roses, baby's breath and alstroemeria and a "sail away" sign(again from Michael's dollar section) for my centerpieces. Used navy and white striped napkins from Sur la table and the little votive containers are from Target:).



1 comment:

  1. Everything is so beautiful! I love the nautical theme, it is so you! I'm so sad I missed it - defs because of the ice cream bar - but even more because I didn't get to celebrate your 30th with you!

    ReplyDelete