Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday-July 4th edition

Happy 4th of July everyone! As promised(and on time) here is what is on my mind this Wednesday. My healthier lifestyle change is in full effect! It has been super hard. I am soooo sick of chicken and spinach. I would kill for a cheeseburger right now. Today's festivities are going to be a true test. I will be surrounded by many temptations. I think I might just stay in the pool all day:(.

The thing that keeps me going is that I have lost 7 pounds since last Wednesday!!!! I feel really good too. I am not as tired and my blood pressure is way down. So, think program I am on is six weeks total then you can add back in the gluten and dairy to see how your body reacts. I still have to remember to limit those amounts. After the six weeks my goal is to still not have any processed foods and add only a small amount of sugar into my diet each month. I think the sugar is what is my highest intolerance. 

So, have fun today with your friends and family. Try to make wise food decisions on this holiday. I know it is hard but sooooo worth it. I will leave you with a healthy recipe to enjoy:)

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/18/recipe-garlic-and-herb-hummus/

Garlic and Herb Hummus

Ingredients
3 garlic cloves, roasted
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 can (15 oz.) chick peas
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. fresh parsley
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ c. sesame tahini
½ c. water
1 tbsp. plus ½ tsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel the garlic and rub with olive oil. Wrap garlic cloves in foil and place in the warm oven for 20–25 minutes or until garlic is soft and slightly roasted. Remove from oven and cool.
Drain and wash chick peas and drain to dry.
In the food processor, add all ingredients and spices. Puree the mixture into a fine paste, no chunks. Remove from processor and turn into a small bowl.
Cover and chill.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 Minutes

Enjoy with some fresh veggies:)

No comments:

Post a Comment