Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summertime Stripes

If I could, I would have stripes on at least one wall in every room of my house. But, that may look a little too circusy...so I have a few pieces...like pillows and benches that are striped. Yesterday, while browsing Pinterest I was seeing a lot of bathrooms with stripes. I immediately got up and painted stripes on one wall of my bathroom(in two hours). Yes, my name is Summer and I am a painting junkie. I actually love painting so it wasn't a chore for me. My bathroom which is like the size of a bathroom stall at Chili's(that is the first place that came to my mind...I am hungry), but you get the idea, it is small. 

When we first moved in I knew it had to be painted. I chose a color by Valspar called Smoke Infusion. It is a blueish, greenish, grey color. Really pretty, but a bit too dark for the small space. We had to paint the ceiling too as it was hideous...so to make it easier on us we painted it the same color. I think that darkened the room too. Anyways, needless to say I have never been happy with the results and knew I needed to add some white stripes. So....that is what I did and I wish I would have done it sooner, but it is now complete and I love it!!!!! So...here's to stripes....everywhere!!! 

Forgot to take a before pic...but here is another wall with the color.

I did have some help!

Ta daaaa...so much brighter and stripey:)