Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summertime Stripes

If I could, I would have stripes on at least one wall in every room of my house. But, that may look a little too circusy...so I have a few pieces...like pillows and benches that are striped. Yesterday, while browsing Pinterest I was seeing a lot of bathrooms with stripes. I immediately got up and painted stripes on one wall of my bathroom(in two hours). Yes, my name is Summer and I am a painting junkie. I actually love painting so it wasn't a chore for me. My bathroom which is like the size of a bathroom stall at Chili's(that is the first place that came to my mind...I am hungry), but you get the idea, it is small. 

When we first moved in I knew it had to be painted. I chose a color by Valspar called Smoke Infusion. It is a blueish, greenish, grey color. Really pretty, but a bit too dark for the small space. We had to paint the ceiling too as it was hideous...so to make it easier on us we painted it the same color. I think that darkened the room too. Anyways, needless to say I have never been happy with the results and knew I needed to add some white stripes. So....that is what I did and I wish I would have done it sooner, but it is now complete and I love it!!!!! So...here's to stripes....everywhere!!! 

Forgot to take a before pic...but here is another wall with the color.

I did have some help!

Ta daaaa...so much brighter and stripey:)



5 comments:

  1. cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference a few stripes can make! By the way, how much does "your help" charge.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! It completely goes with the decor in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My help will work for beans....jellybeans that is:)Thanks everyone I smile every time I walk by...it is so cheery now.

    ReplyDelete