Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Opposites Attract

After reading the title of this blog and you started signing Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" then you most likely were born in the 80's:) This song talks about how to people in love can be so different. This is a very random post. I often think about how opposite my husband and I are. Although, we may be completely different in our personalities...a lot of our interests are the same. We both love good food and fine dining. We could spend a whole Saturday driving around just looking a homes. We love going to open houses, model homes and going to the beach to see how the "others" live. I have to admit I love going to car shows with The Hubs as well. And....we love to laugh. I am not serious at all...so next to Godliness...funniness was a must as a quality in my husband. So anyways, I was jotting down all the opposites in our personalities and interests. I thought it was pretty funny and really made me realize how well we balance each other out...so here is the list:


#1....The most obvious is...I am shy and he is outgoing:)
#2...I am always cold...he is hot(oh yeah) 
#3...I am a home-body....he likes to go-go-go
#4...I LOVE to shop and spend hours doing so...he shopped for his whole summer wardrobe in 7 minutes(not fair)
#5...I love to watch "mindless" tv as The Hubs calls it and he likes to watch documentaries...booooooring!
#6...I like a big spoon...he likes a small spoon:)
#7...I could live my life with no animals...he would have 10 dogs if he could. 
#8...I could live on the sand and be in the ocean everyday..I love the beach...Scott HATES the beach...unless we are there to cruise or for dinner...but his precious toes are not touching that sand..I know so sad:(.
#9...I am organized...he is well..not.
#10...I am a planner...he is not
#11...He is a go getter.....I am NOT

So, there it is. Even though some of these are pretty major differences...we push each other and encourage each other to do better.  God knew what He was doing when He put us together and I am so thankful. Love you Boo!
Our Engagement pic:) Oh my have I grown...mentally and physically...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment