Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pin Crazy-Savory Edition

I thought I would do Part 2 to my baking post about all the Pins I have tried from Pinterest. If you are like me you go through cooking ruts. I feel like I have about 10 recipes that get put in the rotation each month and I need some variety ever so often to get out of the cooking rut. Pinterest is a great source for new recipes. I have also found it is a great source for some BAD recipes. Here are a few Hits and a few misses.

HITS:
Garlic Cheese Wontons
Caprese Grilled Cheese(I added spinach and bacon) made for my mama's bday
Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana made for my preggo bestie
Parmesan Honey Pork Roast Crock pot recipe-Super Easy and Delish
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken This is soooo good! I ran out of basil and used wilted spinach!

So..there you have it. These are all winners in my recipe book! Now...for the losers..I only have three so that is not bad...but these were all nasty in flavor or lit my oven on fire...both no bueno and will NOT be making these again. If you see these pics on Pinterest....DO NOT PIN.

Misses:
Claimed to be the best Beef Stroganoff Crock Pot recipe:(
yeah that was on fire...in my oven...I think I actually immediately deleted the pin because I can not find it. I believe it had soy sauce and garlic which apparently my oven did not like. I would like to say this may be due to my evil oven and so it may not be a bad recipe. 
I forgot to mention my bad baking pins..so I will add this one to finish it all off. This picture looked so good. I was excited because I was having the girls over for craft night and I had all the ingredients. It had a flour taste and just was not good at all. Total bummer....I don't know if I will ever learn to not try new recipes on guests...sorry friends!
You win some...You lose some. I think overall there have been more winners than losers and I am still loving Pinterest. Happy baking and cooking!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, all of these look so good!!! I actually really liked the cinnamon roll cake. I had 2 slices :)
    *Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really... Maybe I got a bad piece:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete