Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shut it, Dora!!!

You know your day was a bit hectic when you realized you did not yet brush your teeth and it was 5:30...PM. You also did not feed your dog until 5pm and did not step outside until you left for the evening at 7pm. Now I want to say there are a lot of blog posts where bloggers use this format to complain and want you to know about how busy they have been and how tired they are and want you to join them in their misery. This blog post is....just that. I am going to vent. Why? Because it's my blog and I can vent if I want to.

The Hubs has been in a lot of pain lately due to carpal tunnel. We have been counting down the days until his surgery date...which was on Monday!!! Today I get a text from him stating that they changed it to Tuesday:( Which is a bummer because 1)that is one extra day of pain...poor guy...2)Shane has his first big Preschool Halloween Parade that I have to go to....and 3)we had already moved another important event that was suppose to be on Monday...but changed it so he could get in as early as possible. I feel so bad for The Hubs. The only thing I could think of to relate to having to wait another day for surgery was....having to go pee and finally making it home...to find someone in the bathroom!!!! Ok...that probably isn't at all close to how it feels to have to wait another day for surgery...but it is all I could come up with:).

By about mid-day it almost became comical about how many times something did not go the way I planned. I felt like I was moving in slow motion all day. It was a non-school day for Shane and he was very needy. My mama guilt had arrived in full force. I then realized that I had so much work that I was going to have to put in some over time. Again, feeling guilty for ignoring Shane all day...I now just added two more hours to my work day. I just kept thinking about the three days that I will have off. I am taking Friday, Monday and Tuesday off. (Now you probably don't feel bad for me anymore). Some of you might be thinking...get over it...this is my typical day!! Feeling a little guilty I turned the tv back on after a few hours of turning it off because I could not take Dora's voice any longer. She was trying to wake up the map...and then finally after yelling "Map wake up" 100 times the map wakes up and then I am like "go back to sleep map"!!! Callate Dora!!!! Needless to say I was completely out of patience.

 I get overwhelmed super easy. I am totally laid back and try not to let too much get to me....but when I can't do it all I know that I haven't been relying on God for that extra support. Isn't it great to have someone you know will always be there for you and completely understands what you are going through? Even though I have an understanding husband and friends who lend their ear. God gives me a peace like no other. Love the verse, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest". Matthew 11:28. If you are feeling guilty for ignoring a child or two, not getting work done, skipping a few cleaning days or not spending time doing things you enjoy...find comfort in this verse.

I find myself constantly having to recharge myself. The best way to do this is to spend time with God. We all know it, but it seems like it is impossible to fit in another thing. Again, God's word reminds us that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Phil 4:13 Does that mean we need to over exert ourselves and then question why we are always so tired??? I don't think so. I think God will give us the energy we need to do the things that please him. My life is full of so many wonderful moments. My prayer is to try and stop and truly enjoy them and be thankful for each new day God gives me. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Summer I can so relate to this post! My house was spotless yesterday and as I speak there are two dirty dipars at my feet, bottles strewn about the house, wet laundrey in the washer and clean clothes all over my dresser...what happened between yesterday and now??? My duties seem to outweigh the energy I have to complete them! I love the verse you shared though (Matthew 11:28) and the reminder that God will give us the energy we need to do the things that please Him. Thanks for the post friend :-)

    ReplyDelete