Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Projects


I was soooo looking forward to having a day off. I have been working so much OT that I was beginning to see my house quickly turning into a disaster area. Laundry was piling up...along with the dishes....my backyard was an absolute mess because of the bad winds we had. I decided to take what little "extra" time I had last week to conquer all the mess so I could relax this weekend and work on fun projects. I was really quite productive, especially following the "Make the Most of Your Mornings" series. I caught up on everything and decided that I would head over to Joanns on Saturday and pick up some fabric. The didn't have the best selection...but I was determined to not walk away empty handed..but also not with something I did not love. 

I was looking for some fabric to cover some lamp shades that were in my bedroom and also one in my entryway. They needed some sprucing up. The lampshades in my Master bedroom(you can see below) were a cream color and a little bent up. I had purchased some trim when I thought I was going with a navy/gold color scheme.. So...anyways they never really looked that great in the room.
BEFORE
AFTER(other side)


 I also tackled my rectangular shaped lampshade which was a bit more difficult. I am super happy with the results though!
Forgot to snap a before shot of the one in my entry but this is the same one that is also in my Master that I need to cover as well

AFTER!
I was going to post a step by step tutorial, but there are so many great ones on online. I will just link to those...plus it's Labor Day...I am taking a break:), So..if you are looking to make a small change with big impact..this is a great project. It took a little over a yard of fabric and I just used some spray adhesive which worked great! I highly recommend you check out the link below or YouTube videos. There are a few different ways to do it...but I highly recommend the spray to adhere the fabric. Happy Labor Day!!!!!
http://blog.houseoffifty.com/2010/06/how-to-cover-lampshades-with-fabric.html

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! You did a fabulous job. I can't wait to see them in person. :)

    ReplyDelete