Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rapido Salsa

I am so into blogging right now it is crazy. Especially great food blogs. It so inspires me. I believe not having TV since we moved in a few weeks ago to our new house has done it. I can't watch Food Network or HGTV to be inspired so I turned to the Internet for some creative inspiration. My oven doesn't work and I wanted to make something quick for a get together we were having. I recently found a website by The Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com/. I have heard about it for awhile but it didn't seem like something I would really be into being a city girl...boy was I wrong. She used to be a city girl and ended up marrying a cowboy type and moved to the country. She shares all sorts of fun stories and wonderful recipes. I decided to try her "Restaurant Style Salsa". It was sooo quick and easy to make. Best of all the crowd loved it. I am always so glad to add another recipe to my book. Here is the recipe below...enjoy..and check out her site, you won't be disappointed.








Restaurant Style Salsa....by The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
¼ cups Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
½ whole Lime Juice
Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.


I definitely recommend letting it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour...the flavors are really enhanced. This is not a very hot salsa, so add more jalapeno or another more fiery pepper if you prefer it hot. I also added a tad bit more salt like another 1/4 tsp...fabulous.










No comments:

Post a Comment