Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Best Food Combo Ever...PB and Chocolate!

There are always those classic food combos that you think of when coming up with a new recipe. Peanut Butter and Chocolate happen to be one of my favs. I found this recipe on a fellow blogger's site and thought I would give it a try..yet another dish that does not require the oven....note to self call repair man tomorrow!!! Enjoy! This is a recipe from a great tv chef as well so I knew it would be as good as it looked. My picture does not do it justice..unfortunately I have no photography skills. Something I am working on because it just makes a blog so much better if your pics are great...anyways here is the recipe.










Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Nigella Lawson
Bottom:
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup of creamy peanut butter

Top:
9 ounces (1 cup + 1 TB) milk chocolate pieces or chips4 ounces (1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate pieces or chips2 tablespoon unsalted butter

1. Mix all the bottom ingredients by hand until they are well incorporated.
2. Press the mixture into a pyrex or brownie pan, the size really depends on how thick you want your bars. The bigger the thinner the layers..my pan was too small..9x9..I would suggest anything larger than that..unless you want to go into a PB and chocolate induced coma:)
Make the surface as even as possible.
3. Melt the chocolates and butter in a saucepan on low, then spread evenly on top of the base. If you have leftover chocolate chips, toss on top.
4. Put the dish in the refrigerator to set. When the chocolate has hardened (it takes approx. 1.5 hours for the chocolate, but the longer the better for a firmer peanut butter base) cut into squares. I like to cut them in different sizes for a rustic feel. Serves 4-5.

1 comment:

  1. From Mama makes it best??? I made them last week and yesterday! They are AMAZING!!! Im taking them to a BBQ at hendo's tonight!

    ReplyDelete