Thursday, June 19, 2014

On Trend: Bright Florals:Dark Backgrounds

I am in love with this trend of bright florals and dark backgrounds. Typically the background is either black or navy. I first saw it on stationary, but now I see it in fashion as well. I love it because even though in spring and summer you typically don't see a lot of dark colors; the mix of bright florals makes it feel lighter. Here are a few items I have spotted. 

In Fashion and Beauty:







In Paper Goods and Web Design:

In the Home:




ALDO Sandals-The print is a little hard to see in this picture but I saw these in person and believe me the print is such a cute addition to these sandals.
Forever 21 Floral Chiffon Top-I need this shirt! The pattern continues part way down the back and then is sheer. Such a great price too!
ASOS Kimono-My mission today is to find a pretty floral kimono. They are great if you want a little cover up over your tank top this summer. 
Indigo Perfume by NEST- Even this perfume bottle got in on this trend. I would love to display this bottle on my vanity.
Cocorrina Wallpaper and Screen Savers-This wallpaper for your computer screen is what started it all. I absolutely love her design. These are available for download and you can even choose one for your phone.
Sparkle and Sparrow Gift Tags-Aren't these so cute? Perfect to add to a friend's bday present(my bday is next month btw). 
Paper n Peonies Save the Date Card-You have to check out this girl's Esty Shop! It is a new favorite. Her designs are so cute and I love this Save the Date card.
Furbish Studio Pillow- Pillows are a great way to introduce any trend in your home without having to spend a ton. 
Blue Poppy Design Abstract Painting-If you are daring, adding this painting to your home would be amazing I love the use of the navy IKAT and the bright florals.

So, what do you think? Is it a trend you could introduce in your home or in your wardrobe. I think The Hubs would not like this trend in our home so, I am going to pick up a few of those under the fashion section:).






No comments:

Post a Comment