Tuesday, September 3, 2013

House Love: Part 2

I have not posted in so long I decided to do two in one day:) This will be a short one. I just put the lil man down as tomorrow is his first day of Preschool. This is his second year and I am so not nervous but stressed. Summer is so care free and I don't have to worry about dropping off and picking him up. It will get better once he is in school all day but right now it seems like I drop him off and then turn right around and pick him up! He is super excited and I can't wait for him to grow and learn new things.

I wanted to get in one last post before the busyness begins(does it ever really stop??).

We purchased this dining room table from a dealer. I just loved the lines! She is in great shape for being over 50 years old!


We picked these chairs up at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. Again..love the lines and the white leather is just perfect for the room. The small table was bought from the same people at the Flea Market and the ash tray is from a great Mid-Century Dealer...also from the Flea Market:)

These creepy..yet amazing little kitties caught my eye at the Flea Market. I could not pass them up! They reminded me of the Siamese Cats on Lady and the Tramp. "We are Siamese if you please(meow)".  They actually are a light. No light does not come from their eyes...that would be totally awesome though!!!
 
And this is the living room all put together. Our couches we had custom made by U Design it Sofa. It was so much fun to go in and pick my fabric and custom do custom dimensions. They had never used that fabric on this sofa design. As they were making it so many people liked it a few ordered sofas just like ours! The owner had to order more fabric.  

Of course I had to do a retro vibe pic! We are really trying to keep it period correct. As you can see, if I just took all my Coastal stuff and put it in here, I am pretty sure a mob of angry Mid-Century Crazies would come and take my house away!

Our next project is the back yard. I can't wait to get started. We have a Koi pond that is so peaceful to look at...but it needs some love. Oh the joys of home ownership. The work is never ending but so rewarding. So thankful to be able to own a home again. Thank you LORD!

3 comments:

  1. Koi pond! Perfect idea. I've been wanting to do that in our backyard. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLUH-LEASE have a "mad men Christmas" at your house this year??? :0D

    I am in love with your new home! Well done, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise! I tried to reply to your comment directly but it wouldn't let me. Anyways, that is so funny you mentioned that. I just told Scott I want to have a retro Christmas party!!! I started pinning a few ideas already...can't wait it will be super fun!

    ReplyDelete