Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My new collection





I always wanted to collect something...something different..unique. But my fear of clutter always clicked in. You know once you mention to anyone you love...say cows...you soon have cow mugs, cow towels, cow salt and pepper shakers and the ever so popular cow mailbox....seriously a collection could get out of hand real quick! Growing up my Nana bought me these beautiful figurines each year for my birthday.(I actually need to find those...and display them). I then began collecting stickers, shells and handkerchiefs. But as an adult I have never had a collection of anything. I am not sure how many you actually have to have in order for it to be a collection, but I decided that I want to collect buckets!!! Exciting, right?? Ok so maybe not to you but I love the beach and I thought it would be cute to collect sand pails or buckets..vintage and new. I wanted something that would be harder to find and make a cute display. So, I bought my first one with my bday money:) It is from a site that I discovered a few months back http://www.themacbethcollection.com/. It is a bit pricey, but they just happened to be having a 25% off sale today..it was a sign from above:) There were so many to choose from but I chose the anchor design. I can't wait to receive it!




No comments:

Post a Comment