Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Juice


Do you have that one food or drink that just makes everything better? You know the one that picks you up after a long day at work. Something that makes you all giddy just thinking about it. The one that is a little treat for when you feel the need to reward yourself. For me, it has always been Dr.Pepper or what Scott calls my "Happy Juice". Awwwhhhh..that beautiful ice cold maroon can and it's 23 flavors...it can do no wrong. Oh wait, actually that Maroon can is a huge part of why I keep packing on the pounds. It has cost me quite a pretty penny in my daily excursions to drive through and get my fix. So, one month ago I kicked the can to the curb. I have to admit I have done this before, but this was the easiest for me. Surprisingly I did it during the Summer. There is nothing better than an ice cold soda on a Hot Summer Day!

I am not a soda person in general. I actually don't like anything but Dr.Pepper. I thought that if I gave Dr.Pepper up first it would help in giving up other foods that are bad for me. I did not loose any weight and that was a bit discouraging. I even thought that I should just start back up again drinking because, hey, I obviously didn't gain (or loose) anything from stopping. I actually have become quite angry. But, I know that in the long run it is good. So farewell, Dr.Pepper, you have been so comforting in my time of sadness. You have brought me great joy in my times of celebration...but eventually you will bring on more pounds...diabetes and other aliments that no Dr. would ever condone.

Next up, I would love to cut out a lot of my sugar intake. Less than two months to my sister's wedding and I need to get serious!

I 'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper,

She's a Pepper, we're a Pepper,

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

Be a Pepper. Drink Dr Pepper.


Whoa, whoa, whoaaaaaa! I went to search for a picture of a Dr.Pepper to include in this blog and found a Caffeine Free Dr.Pepper. Why was I not aware of this? Why does So cal not participate in distributing this product? Oh well, it still has the same amount of calories and sugar, so there is no need to envy those who can get this goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment