Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old Mommy Tales

The one thing I have come to notice most as a new parent, is that every child is different. What works for one mom may not work for the next. Just as I am different, even from my own sister, my child is different from my own friends' child. Some advice has come in handy, while others just did not work.

I am surprised as to how much of my day is devoted to Shane. I truly thought he would sleep more. As I am writing this I hear that he is waking up. He has been sleeping for two hours though, so mommy is happy about that. I was able to update his baby book. I swore that I was an organized person and that I would keep up on each and every move he made...wrong! I am an organized person..but that went out the window when I became a mommy. I find myself taking a nap over cleaning these days. The first few weeks it was opposite. Everyone told me to sleep when he sleeps, but I couldn't imagine letting the dishes pile up for one more day. Now that he sleeps for about six hours each night I do not need as much sleep during the day anymore. My house is slowing getting back to normal. I still haven't managed to remember to eat every meal or to take a shower daily, but I have been able to spoil Shane with my love and time.



I went back to work last week. I am so blessed to be able to work from home. It has been a little adjustment trying to figure out how to get my work done and also take care of Shane. I couldn't imagine having to leave him right now. Love, love...love my job!

Shane is finally pretty much over his cold. That was really hard to deal with. He had it for about 3 weeks. He was really congested and I took him to the doctor right away. He seemed to think it was just allergies and told me to give him nose drops..little noses. That stuff works great..at least for my little ones little nose. But, he was still coughing and choking and sneezing!!! So a few days later I took him back to the doctor. This time the cold was a little more advanced and the doctor could hear the congestion in his lungs. So, he ordered me a nebulizer. It was the cutest and saddest thing I had ever seen. It came with a little baby mask that covered his mouth and nose (see pic). He did really well with it. Shane would just stare into my eyes. I find that he does that with me and Scott when he may be scared or unsure of things. It is so awesome he looks to us for comfort. Well I better get going I am on a mission to start another blog about my baking adventures! Stay tuned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment