Wednesday, February 18, 2009

1st Baby Shower

My mom and sister threw me my first baby shower on February 15th. I could hardly wait to get there. My Grandma from Oregon was going to be out for her sisters birthday and so I decided that it would be awesome to schedule it while she was out. The shower started at 3pm. We had an array of food. From turkey roll-ups to cupcakes and a cute cake. Hopefully I can figure out how to put up pictures on here and I can share those with you.(ooh I just figured it out..lol..I will put some up as soon as I get them developed) As I mentioned my Grandma was there along with my Dad's sister from Oregon, friends from way back when, my best friend..along with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my niece! It was so nice to see all of my mom's friends there to celebrate with my family and I. There were a total of 23 girls there. We played a few games and then I got to open all of the cute gifts. I was spoiled. My mom bought me my stroller and car seat!!!! I can't wait to put it together and then put my little guy in it! I received the ever so popular Diaper Genie. My sister-in-law knitted me the cutest horse. I love handmade gifts they are so thoughtful and very few people do that anymore. I received sooo many cute outfits. I am so glad boys have cute clothes too now. My Aunt shared a devotional about raising children from Deuteronomy. It was great! Overall, it was a relaxing and fun time spent with a lot of people who have been there throughout my life. My mom and sister did an awesome job!!!

5 comments:

  1. Summer,
    It was wonderful to celebrate your "1st Baby Shower"....wait does that mean you have plans for a 2nd baby (or 8)...or you will be having another baby shower for the little (Wyatt?) one you are now carrying?
    God Bless your day!
    Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer....is the days left to vote...65....your actual due date?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actualy having two more showers..not children:) One my church is giving me and then one my mother-in-law is throwing. You are welcome to attend any of those if you would like:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your baby shower, there were so many nice women there. And those little pinwheel sandwiches were delish!! You got so many great gifts. I bet you can't wait until you actually get to use them on your baby!! Anyway's your baby shower was so special and I am so glad that I was invited. I can't wait for the next 2 baby showers. Hopefully I won't have to work on those dates. If so I will just weep!!!
    Just kidding!!! But not really!!!
    Love,
    Heather

    P.S.
    I really love the name Shane. That is the one I voted for.

    ReplyDelete