Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Its Name

The next logical step after finding out the gender of your baby is to choose a name. Now, if it was a girl we had that one down..Amanda Jean Gieser. We only had the one name and both loved it. Since it is a boy we had to start to come up with some other names. We had always loved the name Jack and still do..but unfortunately that name is not nickname proof. These are things you have to think of. Even though Scott says he is gonna be a tough kid..I still want to save him from any extra humiliation..kids are cruel. We also love the name Wyatt. I have decided to do the nursery in a western theme so this would be perfect. Leave it to me to name our kid just so he will match his room..oh brother!!! Then Scott also mentioned the name Shane. Now, I have to say that has always been one of my favorites, but I could have sworn Scott did not like it. So, now we have Jack, Wyatt and Shane at this point. Jack is pretty much off the list but I still love it.

We have begun at this point, well who am I kidding, for a year now our families have chosen names that they like. Let me give you an example: Gary (Scott's Dad) is obsessed with the name, Ezekiel Zacharias Gieser. Ezekiel isn't that bad but along with Zacharias..oh no!!! The reasoning behind this name is the nickname that comes along with it..EZ Gieser! Hahahaha..oh man I am sorry but I don't want my son to be know as easy! Good effort though Gary:) Most recently Jan came up with the name Deacon. Not too bad but Scott is really liking it. So, after all this I think we are pretty much left with Wyatt and Shane. We decided that we will wait until he is born to see what the little guy looks like and then make our decision. Since we already know the sex I think it will be great to have that anticipation of naming him the day we see his sweet little face!
Until then the family has decided to call him "What's Its Name". Or more affectionately known as WIN:)

1 comment:

  1. Summer,
    Wow, no wonder you like to write....very talented.
    Your names are soooo cute.....you know, the meanings of names were important to God....do you know what
    Wyatt and Shane mean????

    If you stay with that cute idea of a western theme for the "WIN" nursery....I have a red coleman lantern you can have...if you want...????

    Love, Aunt Shaorn

    ReplyDelete