Friday, April 16, 2010

One Year


Today is Shane's 1st bday! My oh my...how times flies. Everyone always says that but a year ago today my little guy had only been on earth for less than three hours at the time I am writing this. What a year it has been. Mommy is still getting used to her "new schedule". Waking up before 10 on a weekend was something I thought was impossible. Now between 7:30 - 8:30 is the norm. Shane has slept through the night for the past month pretty consistently. It has been so wonderful. I feel like a new person. Ok enough about Mommy.
Tonight since Shane wont remember this day we deiced to just go to Toys R US and pick out a few toys. Scott and I had so much more fun than Shane...but he still enjoyed it. We ended up getting a little firetruck he can either push or sit on and ride. He does a little dance to the music it plays. Sooo cute..he is such a dancer and loves music. We also got him a play hammer. Great Grandma and Grandpa Nichols had me pick something out that would be from them. Earlier this week I got a drill and measuring tape from the money Aunt Madonna and Uncle Randy sent. Shane has been so interested in all our tools that are out since the move. He will open that at his party.
Speaking of the party...there is a 10% chance of RAIN! I guess this is something I will always have to encounter having an April birthday baby. I am praying it is not raining during his party...because we can't fit everyone in our house!
I can't believe I have a toddler now. There are so many wonderful memories we have already created. I look forward to so many more. He is such a fun and loving kid. He makes me smile constantly. He brings so much joy to Scott and I.
Happy Birthday Buckaroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment