Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It has been too long

As Shane gets older (6 months on Friday) I seem to be getting busier and busier. I thought things would get easier. In ways I am in the hang of the whole nursing, changing diapers and bath routine. Now, we have nursing, cereal, solids starting tomorrow (I think if I can make it to the store and make my own baby food), mommy and me time and a new sleeping schedule. The past two weeks Shane has decided he only needs a few hours of sleep now. That doesn't work for mommy. Mommy needs her beauty sleep. I think I just might turn into a dreadful looking monster by Halloween time. Which may not be such a bad thing; I won't need to think up a costume. My bags under my eyes are sure to scare all the kids away. I think that may be why my husband seems to be keeping his distance. I have mutated into monster. No sleep or showers will do it to ya!
I got some mommy advice today about feeding the Lil one solids and that should cure his strange new sleeping pattern. I am hoping to make my own baby food. I think it is the frugal thing to do...but I am not standing by that. I will give it my best shot. I believe I am going to start on carrots and potatoes. I will steam them and then place them in ice cube trays to freeze. In attempts to become Super mom...hmmm another Halloween option...I am trying to get my life in order. I am coming up with a Master Scheduler. One that has sections for all the areas of my life. Such as, finances, medical, house cleaning and many others. I found a blog that a stay at home mom put together on scheduling. It is really the only way for me to function. I love order. Organization gives me such joy!
Being a parent has been so much fun. Shane is the most handsome baby I have ever seen! Everyone tells me that so I feel fine making that statement:). He is so alert now and it is getting so much more fun now as he interacts with us. Scott is determined to get him to say dada first. Little does he know I am with Shane way more and we have "say mama" sessions regularly:) I try not to get too frazzled. I am new to the parent game and I try to enjoy each stage. Scott is working hard so I can eventually stay home and not have to work. I am very blessed that I get to stay home, but my work is suffering and I want to give whatever I am doing 100%. Being a parent comes first. We are trusting in the Lord. He always takes care of us and I know he will guide us in the right direction. Hang in there all you mommies! Don't completely neglect your hygiene, but know it is ok if you are still in your PJ's and your making dinner. I think I may need a "ME" day. I never really understood those until now. I felt like it was selfish..but it is more of a refueling....so necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment