Monday, June 9, 2014

Mexican Grilled Corn Salad Recipe

During the summer I find myself wanting fresh foods(lets face it...it is summer time already here in Southern California). I put away all the soup recipes from winter and am on the look out for recipes I can whip up quickly. I also love recipes that I can cook on the grill. So, when I saw a few recipes on Pinterest for Mexican Grilled Corn Salad I was sold. Fresh grilled corn....need I say more? This recipe was inspired by the Mexican Grilled Corn made with a whole ear of corn, mayo, Parmesan and cilantro. I tweaked it a tad. There are many different versions of this recipe on the web so, I took a little from each one and made it work for my family. 


Mexican Grilled Corn Salad
Serves 4-6
4 Ears of Corn
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 Lime
1/4 cup of Cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. While the grill is heating up melt 1/4 cup of butter and brush on shucked corn. Grill for around 10-12 minutes. You want some charring on all sides, so turn every few minutes. While the corn cools, chop up the cilantro. Next, cut the corn off of the cob and then squeeze half of a lime over the warm corn. Then add the cilantro and the crumbled Cotija cheese. Finally, season with a little salt and pepper and you have a fresh and delicious summer time salad. 

This would be great if you used Parmesan cheese instead of the Cotija. Or you could spice it up and add some paprika. One recipe I saw used mayo instead of the butter, which is what is used in the traditional Grilled Mexican Corn you can find sold by many street vendors. The Hubs and I aren't too fond of mayo so we went the butter route. 





Happy Grilling!


No comments:

Post a Comment