Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chic for Cheap Tablescape-Mom's Bday

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and my sister and I had her over to my house to have lunch! I was gone all weekend for our Women's Retreat in beautiful Orange County. I knew that I would not have time to set the table up yesterday morning as my mom would be there at 11:30 and I had to work. So, I set up most of the table before I left for Retreat. I chose to do a garden theme..being that my mom loves to garden and she wanted some new herbs for her garden. I actually used her gift as the centerpiece! I placed a natural runner down the middle of my dining room table then added a bamboo place mat and cream and green plates to add to the greenery of the herbs that I placed in a large basket and in pots down the table. I also bought my mom a black finial to add to her garden and placed that in the table as well and then added in some clay pots and a few butterflies:)

For the placecards I used an idea I saw on Pinterest. The original version used a large can and added in a soda bottle..napkin..utensils..etc. Would be super cute for a picnic! I had just made Chicken Tortilla Soup and had a ton of smaller cans left over and thought it would be cute to do a smaller version. I removed the can label... cut out a piece of scrapbook paper to fit and used a glue stick to adhere. Then I took a label and wrote each guests name on them.Added their napkin and utensils and they were complete. Chic and Cheap!
What was on the menu..you ask???? Caprese Paninis...Pasta Salad and Banana Pudding.The recipe for the Caprese Paninis was again found on Pinterest (oh, wow I love thee Pinterest) as well as the Banana Pudding:) I had some small mason jars that I layered with the Vanilla Wafers(from Sprouts..go get them now...they are the best ever!!!!)..then bananas..vanilla custard and repeat and then topped it off with some homemade whipped cream..mmmmm. 
I added bacon and spinach to our sandwiches:) and my end product did not look pretty so I am only showing a pic of the ingredients!

                                                                Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment