Thursday, December 22, 2011

Set the Table!

To some those three words "Set the Table" may conjure up some childhood memories of an unwanted chore if that was your duty.For me it brings me so much joy. There are very few times that you get the opportunity to set the table with your "good stuff". If I was wealthy I would have dinner parties all the time and have my friends over for lunch like they do on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills..but lets get real..I am just a working mama from Riverside and it just doesn't happen as often as I would like.    So, you could imagine my excitement every year when our church has their annual Christmas Brunch and you can choose to host a table and decorate for the ladies attending. I seriously can not wait for it every year. I usually come up with my idea shortly after the brunch for next year. Mainly because I like to go shopping for all my supplies at the after Christmas sales. I already have my theme for next year..but it's a secret:). Every year I usually start the gears going in my brain..trying to think outside of the box. It is always Christmas centered. Last year I did a Three Wise Men table..with baby Jesus in a manger and crowns and all the gifts the Wise Men brought. Another year I did more of a rustic theme with a little Christmas tree and a sled and ice skates. The first year I believe I did a Winter Wonderland..all in white. So...this year I went super girlie and did The Sugar Plum Fairy theme from the Nutcracker. It was so much fun I found a site that sells items for weddings and other parties and they had the perfect shade of ballerina pink satin napkins and a table runner. My Mom and sister even went out shopping and found a perfect Nutcracker and beautiful white sparkly tree! I had found ballet slipper ornaments as well as ballerinas. It was so much fun. I set everything up on my own dinning room table when I got home. I am having Christmas Eve dinner at my home so I had to remove everything last night in preparation...there was no way we could see each other if I left it up..but no fear..I decorated it with another setting:). So now onto next year's table!




Christmas Eve Setting

  

No comments:

Post a Comment