Friday, September 9, 2011

New Addition

We have a new addition in our family actually two new additions. No....not twins..nightstands! Isn't that exciting. When you are picky like me about furniture and you find something you had in mind that matches to the T...it is exciting stuff. You might remember my Craigslist find awhile back. The Hubs drove to Whittier for a dresser that I had wanted f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It was only 75.00...such a steal. It is a Henry Link Faux Bamboo High Dresser that goes perfectly with what I envision my Master Bedroom to eventually look like. I have had these "nightstands" if you can even call them that...they are from our first apartment. One was  a set of three nesting tables and another a cabinet. They were from my palm tree phase and did not match at all..but I take forever to find pieces of furniture that I like so they worked for the time being.
I searched for months and months looking for matching Henry Link nightstands to my dresser..but nothing ever came up. I also was looking for nightstands that had two drawers..as we have limited space and storage in our bedroom..that would work best. I wanted something with modern lines..nothing curvy..and really wanted brass or gold handles. I had seen a few nightstands that were painted in a high gloss white and stuck those images in my memory bank. Lo and behold..I found the exact ones on Craigslist!!!! They were 125.00 for the pair..which is good but The Hubs wasn't sold..so one week went by and they were still listed...two weeks went by...still there..finally it had been three weeks..no drop in price. I told Scott I could not stop thinking about these nightstands (this is what I think about while I lay awake at night). He said ok but could I get them down in price. I was sure I could since they had been on for three weeks now. Emailed them and YES they took 100.00 for the pair!!!!! Happy Dance!!!! Here they are:
 The handles were perfect. I cleaned them off with warm soapy water and then a mixture of lemon juice, salt and baking soda. They were still not super shiny but that was ok..these dresser were made in 1972(Thomasville). The handles are brass. Apparently if a magnet does not stick then that is how you know it is brass..good to know.



 Love these legs!!!

 Primered-Used Rustoleum..it was ok..loved the nozzle!

 Applied Rustoleum Gloss White..LOVE!!!!

 And here comes the final product.....

 So happy..it only took about an hour..did not need to sand..they were in such great shape for being almost 40 years old. The tracks inside probably need to be replaced...but overall I LOVE them! Spent 3.77 on the spray paint(4). My Master is slowly coming together..I would show a picture of my whole room but it is embarrassing! MESSYYY!



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!!!! We are soul sisters! I just refurbished an old oak desk and I'm designing my office! Love it!

    ReplyDelete