Thursday, May 27, 2010

Christmas in May..why not

My sister starts playing Christmas music in about September and I usually give her a hard time about that! I have to admit Christmas is always such a busy time of the year I am always glad it lasts so long but I am usually happy to see it go. With all the hustle and bustle I don't always get to all of the crafts I want. One of my favorite Christmas festivities is our annual Women's Christmas Brunch at church. One, because my Aunt makes the BEST stuffed French Toast and two because I get to decorate my own table. So I was looking at this crown on a blog I was reading and it sparked an idea for my table theme this year...We Three Kings. I love crowns and what better way then to use the Three Wise men or Kings of Orient. So, I then went to my trusty site, Ebay, for unique ideas. I came across these Queen's Crown Stamped Glass Coasters!



Aren't they lovely? I was so excited and the best part is that I was the only bidder. So I picked up these unique coasters for only .99cents(plus 9.99 s/h). I believe they are too small to fit my wine glasses in but I am thinking of setting my tea cups inside. They just reminded me of a crown and I couldn't pass them up. I also got the cutest Crown Staffordshire England Bird of Paradise Demitasse Cup and Saucer. That has nothing to do with Christmas but it was only 9.00 and I was the only bidder as well. I definitely shopped victoriously! So, I still have sooo many ideas floating through my head...I wish it wasn't seven months away! Here is my table from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment